Floodplains include all special Flood Hazard Areas designated by the Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). These hazard areas are identified on FEMA-approved Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs). To determine if a property lies within one of these areas, residents and business owners can:
- Go to Parcel/Property Maps
- Select the magnifying glass and enter the property address or parcel ID
- Select the map themes tab and select FEMA Flood Zones
- Go to the online FEMA Map Service Center
- Type in the property address and select "Search"
If you are still unsure whether or not the property lies within a floodplain, please email the Town's Engineer or email the Building Commissioner.
To request a change to your flood zone designation, a Letter of Map Change (LOMC) should be submitted to FEMA by one of the following methods:
- Online LOMC Tool
- Mail to:
3601 Eisenhower Avenue, Suite 500
Alexandria, VA 22304-6426
For questions, contact FEMA Map Information eXchange (FMIX) at 877-366-2627.