May we marry before the three days for good reason?
Yes, if you can obtain a court waiver after filing intentions. According to MGL Ch. 207:30, if both parties are residents, or non-residents, or one of each, and they need to dispense with the three days, they may do so by applying to the judge of a probate or district court to have the license issued without delay, after filing intentions with the clerk.

Show All Answers

1. How do we apply for a marriage license?
2. Is there a waiting period from the date of application to the date the license is issued?
3. May we marry before the three days for good reason?
4. How do we obtain a waiver?
5. What is the cost of a marriage license?
6. At what age may a person marry?
7. What if one or both of us is under 18?
8. Is a medical certificate required before a license can be issued?
9. What if one or both of us had been divorced?
10. Is there any special requirement for a widow or widower who is remarrying?
11. Do we need any witnesses present at the ceremony?
12. What are the responsibilities of the member of the clergy or the justice of the peace?
13. What should be done if an out-of-state member of the clergy or a person not already recognized by the State is to perform the marriage?
14. When performing a wedding within Randolph at one of our outdoor venues, please contact the Recreation Department
15. Are there any special requirements if one applicant is an immigrant?
16. Where can we go for additional assistance?