How do we apply for a marriage license?
You must both apply in person for a marriage license. The Randolph Town Clerk/Registrar's Office is open Monday thru Friday 8:30am- 4:30pm, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. This requirement is applicable to both residents and non-residents of the Commonwealth. According to Massachusetts law, you must jointly file intentions to marry, and you may do so with the city or town clerk in any community in the state. If a person is in the military, intentions may be filed by either party, providing one is a Massachusetts resident. If a person is incarcerated in a county house of correction or a state correctional facility, intentions may be filed by either party. A marriage license, once obtained, is valid for 60 days from the date intentions are filed and may be used in any Massachusetts city or town. It is not valid outside the state.

Show All Answers

1. How do we apply for a marriage license?
2. Is there a waiting period from the date of application to the date the license is issued?
3. May we marry before the three days for good reason?
4. How do we obtain a waiver?
5. What is the cost of a marriage license?
6. At what age may a person marry?
7. What if one or both of us is under 18?
8. Is a medical certificate required before a license can be issued?
9. What if one or both of us had been divorced?
10. Is there any special requirement for a widow or widower who is remarrying?
11. Do we need any witnesses present at the ceremony?
12. What are the responsibilities of the member of the clergy or the justice of the peace?
13. What should be done if an out-of-state member of the clergy or a person not already recognized by the State is to perform the marriage?
14. When performing a wedding within Randolph at one of our outdoor venues, please contact the Recreation Department
15. Are there any special requirements if one applicant is an immigrant?
16. Where can we go for additional assistance?